With Amazon being many peoples’ go to online marketplace, I’m sure I’m not the only one who clicks around looking at awesome things I
desperately need want for a good deal. With competitive prices, product specs, descriptions, reviews, and free shipping if you spend $25 (or with Amazon prime you really get the hook up), Amazon makes it so easy to shop for pretty much anything.
Here is my current Amazon Lust-After Wishlist, that once posted, I hope my boyfriend stumbles across. 😉
1. Lean In: Women, Work, and the Will to Lead by Sheryl Sandberg- This book was recommended to me by a girlfriend of mine who absolutely loved it, and felt every working woman should read it. After recently reading an article about Sheryl Sandberg (the current COO of Facebook), I was hooked. After her famous TED Talk, urging women to go after their goals in the workplace, to lean in and “sit at the table”, and to not leave the game before it is time to, this book takes those concepts further, with her personal experiences, statistics on how things actually are in the workplace, and practical things that we can do to move forward in our careers, as well as maintain a good work-life balance.
If you haven’t seen Sheryl Sandberg’s TED Talk, which has been viewed more than 2 million times, here it is:
2. How Children Succeed: Grit, Curiosity, and the Hidden Power of Character by Paul Tough – I’m always interested in different approaches to raising children, and the effects of early childhood on a child’s lifelong journey to success. This book focuses around building a child’s character, such as perseverance, curiosity, self-control, and optimism, rather than focusing solely on the intelligence aspect (high standardized test scores, etc) in order to set up your child for success.
3. Harold and the Purple Crayon by Crockett Johnson – A picture book classic that every child must have. Now that my lil’ one is 3 (book is recommended for 3-7 years old kiddos), it’s time for us to share in the fun and imagination that is this story.
4. My daughter is going through a puzzle craze, so here’s a couple top rated puzzles:
5. Alex Ready, Set, School Activity Box – I put this on my Best Educational Toys for a 3 Year Old List, and never received it as a gift for Christmas, so now that my daughter is home with me for the Summer, this would be a great way to keep working on her writing, cutting, and tying knots skills.
6. Diztronic Matte Back Purple Flexible TPU Case – A nice looking case, with a variety of colors, that gets the job done, for a fraction of the cost of other cases. Yes, please!
And last, but not least:
7. Bob’s Red Mill Chia Seeds, 16-Ounce Bags (Pack of 4) – Just like the rest of the world, we have joined those that enjoy all the health benefits of including Chia Seeds into our diet. Some of the health benefits are:
-Can help you stay feeling full longer
-Can lower triglycerides and cholesterol, while increasing HDL, the “good cholesterol”
-Can regulate your blood sugar levels
These are just some of the great benefits from including Chia Seeds into your diet. Plus, this is a really great deal on Amazon. Much cheaper than you will find at your local health food store.
What is something on your Amazon Wishlist?