With July being National Hot Dog Month, I figured it was only fitting to count down the 5 Best Hot Dogs in NYC. From specialty, piled high dogs, to your good ole’ classic frankfurter, you are sure to find a hot dog to fit any craving you might have. Enjoy!
5 Best Hot Dogs in NYC
5. Nathan’s – Though this has become a chain all over, none of them hold a candle to the original in Coney Island. Their classic hot dog is the must try eats when you head out that way, and while you’re at it, you might as well make it a day of fun, sun, freak shows, and rides! 1310 Surf Ave. Coney Island, Brooklyn
4. Gray’s Papaya – Gray’s Papaya has been around for a long time, and for good reason. Their hot dogs are good and cheap, their drinks are quite delicious, and they are always open late. Multiple locations.
3. Shake Shack – I know this place is known for their oh-so-good burgers (and I must say, they really are that good), but their hot dogs are nothing to scuff at. If a Chicago-style hot dog is your thing, this is one that you most definitely should try. Multiple locations.
2. Bark – This place originated in Park Slope, but has now found its way into the city. Known for their not overly fancy, but truly scrumptious hot dogs, this place is sure to please any hot dog lover out there. Multiple locations.
1. Crif Dogs – This place really is the king of all hot dog places. No topping is off limits here, and it makes for an interesting and unique hot dog dining experience that is perfect for the more adventurous hot dog aficionados. Multiple locations.