Sundresses. Beach trips. Sandals. Sunshine.
All things that remind me of summer.
When I think of foods that remind me of summer, summer fruits always come to mind. We always keep an abundance of blueberries, strawberries, raspberries, and of course peaches in the house. They’re so delicious, healthy, and cheap this time of year, how could you not devour these fruits by the handful.
In honor of National Peach Pie Day (Aug. 24th) it would only be right to hook you up with my delightful Summer Peach Pie recipe.
Summer Peach Pie Recipe
10 fresh peaches, pitted and sliced
1/3 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 cup white sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 t cinnamon
1/8 t nutmeg
1 T cornstarch
1/4 cup butter
1 recipe pastry for a 9 inch double crust pie (You can find a delicious pie crust recipe Here)
- Mix flour, white sugar, brown sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, and cornstarch together.
- Place one crust in the bottom of a 9 inch pie plate. I was short on time, so I just used the Pillsbury unroll pie crust. Line the shell with some sliced peaches. Sprinkle some of the sugar mixture on top of the peaches, then put more peaches on top of the the sugar mixture. Continue layering until both the peaches and crumbs are gone.
- Cut the butter up into small pieces, and place it on top of the peaches.
- Top with lattice strips of pie crust.
- Bake at 425F for 15 minutes, then 350F for 30 minutes or until crust is golden. Turn oven off, and allow pie to cool for an hour while the oven cools.
Tip: A quick and easy way to peel your peaches! Take a knife, and draw an X on the end of the peach (opposite end of the stem). Place peach into boiling water for 1 minute, then place into cold water. This will loosen the skin, and make it easy for you to peel the skin off.
With summer coming to an end in just a few weeks, now’s the time to indulge in all the deliciousness that is the peach. Enjoy!
What are some of your favorite summer foods?